NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) announced that a new I-564 connector ramp will open to website traffic on Monday.
The ramp opens on Jan. 18 and attributes nearly three miles of new, 4-lane minimal-entry freeway to enable streamline the Hampton Roads transportation community.
It will link I-564 to Norfolk Global Terminals’ (NIT) North Gate, Naval Station Norfolk’s Gate 6, and Hampton Boulevard even though offering direct freight accessibility to NIT — the Virginia Port Authority’s premier terminal in Hampton Roads.
This marks a big milestone for the I-564 Intermodal Connector Project. The new connector ramp has been serving port traffic since late December 2017.
With this closing stage, the connector will now supply direct accessibility from the interstate to Naval Station Norfolk (NSN) Gate 6 and Truck Inspection, and to Hampton Boulevard by using the Community Connector.
I-564 Intermodal Connector Westbound Website traffic
- Entry New Exit 1 from the proper two lanes of I-564 Westbound among Terminal Boulevard (exit 2) and the runway underpass. The correct lane is an exit-only lane.
- Port website traffic – keep to the left and adhere to indications to NIT North GateHampton Boulevard.
- Truck inspection traffic – hold proper and use the proper exit Gate 6.
- Targeted traffic – hold straight and Gate 6 is situated at the conclude of the ramp.
- A new website traffic signal will be in operation near Gate 6.
Hampton Boulevard Traffic
- Visitors exiting the Intermodal Connector on the 1-way Hampton Boulevard ramp will come to a new signalized intersection at Seabee Street.
- Convert left for entry to Pass/ID Business, NEX Long Expression parking, and the MWR Pool.
- Keep straight to accessibility Hampton Boulevard and NSN Gate 5.
The I-564 Intermodal Connector Challenge is a partnership involving the Federal Freeway Administration (FHWA), Jap Federal Lands Freeway Division (EFLHD), the Virginia Office of Transportation (VDOT) and the U.S. Navy.
For a lot more information and facts on the venture, visit i564intermodal.com.