Microsoft Business Applications Launch scheduled for April 6, registrations open
Last year at its Business Applications Launch event, Microsoft began GA rollouts for features that were to be released in the approaching months for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform. Now, a year on, the Business Applications Launch is upon us again, and is to be held on April 6.
With the tech giant already having detailed 2022 release wave 1 plans for each of the respective platform a few days back, the focus seems to be on “an agile future”. As far as Dynamics 365 is concerned, upcoming features will primarily reside around:
- More collaborative content creation, improved authoring efficiency, and advanced personalization using Dynamics 365 Marketing.
- Ambient and actionable business data, a single workspace in Sales Hub, and AI-guided live feedback with Dynamics 365 Sales.
- Simplified setup with guided, task-based experiences and inbox enhancements for rapid issue resolution using Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Subscription billing and intelligent automation around invoicing, ledger settlements, and year-end close services in Dynamics 365 Finance.
On the Power Platform front, meanwhile, improvements across user experience and enhanced analytics in the form of better insights remain at the forefront. More specifically, the following changes are planned to be a significant part of the upcoming release wave:
- Investments to empower people across your business to easily use insights to drive decision-making for themselves, their teams, and the organization as a whole.
- Improved user experience with more natural language, query support, and easier sharing using OneDrive.
- Enhanced metric tracking in Microsoft Teams and data storytelling in PowerPoint.
- Optimizations for enterprise analytics scenarios with automatic aggregation, new data protection capabilities, and improved log audit capabilities for admins.
Charles Lamanna, Microsoft CVP of Business Applications and Platform will be speaking at the event alongside senior engineers from the firm, while viewers will be allowed to asked questions later in a live Q&A. The virtual Business Applications Launch event is scheduled for 9:00-10:30 AM PT (12:00-1:30 PM ET); those interested can register through this link.